Monday, March 23, 2009

Caughtcha!



16 X 20 Oil on gallery wrap canvas with painted sides
$300 includes shipping and insurance
I hope John Niero forgives me. This is my weak attempt to paint in his wonderfully colorful, vivid style.
I first painted this calf a couple years ago and never liked the results. Usually I get Mike to remove the staples and I then stash the flat canvas in a dark closet for the rest of my life and restretch a fresh canvas on the stretcher bars. But I had read an article recently about reworking disliked paintings in a totally different style. I saw some of John Niero's work in Western Art Collector Magazine, and it inspired me to paint over this painting in a totally different style. I've already got several others that I am going to work on in a similar fashion. Who knows - this just may be the start of something new!
2 Peter 1:19
And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

2 comments:

Jennifer Godshalk Artist said...

My favorite! I love it when an artist takes a photo, and creates something totally different and artistic with great colors! True art - YES! Great Job. I love your cow paintings! Jennifer

Debbie said...

Thank you! I have a BUNCH more to re-manipulate like this - it WAS kinda fun!