Sunday, March 29, 2009

Easy Through the Bluebonnets


5 X 7 Oil on Canvas Board $115
This painting was donated to benefit victims of crime in Erath County Texas

My talented friend, Trista, has again told me about someone who might be interested in Easy for an English riding prospect. I have always thought that this horse should be used like that, but I have made no real effort to pursue finding a rider/home for him. I SO enjoy watching him run and using him as a model. This young lady, however, wants to lease him as a "trial", and I am considering the proposition. I'm afraid she'll like him so much, though, that she'll actually purchase him. What to do, what to do. I don't mind lending him out to responsible people - it might actually be GOOD for him. I would still have PJ and Dandy for my eyes to enjoy. And I have drawn and painted him so much, that I can almost "do" him with my eyes closed.
When I turned him and Dandy loose into the south pasture Friday, they ran and ran the length of the field - at "cruise speed". Both of them seem to just barely move their feet and skim the surface of the earth to move at breakneck speed. If I was Hindu, I think coming back as a horse would almost be a step up - especially if I came back as a horse cared for my someone like me. And I would surely love the ability to run SOOOO fast!
2 Peter 3:12
as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat

1 comment:

Gary Keimig said...

Taking the day off[It is sunday]and looking through some of my favorite blogs. These last few pieces you have done are real jewels.
God bless and keep it up