Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Gift



8 X 6 Oil on gessoed masonite
SOLD to a collector in California
Spring is TRYING to come to my little part of Texas. We had another inch of rain last week, but last night I had to cover the tomato plants due to the threat of frost. I moved Easy and Dandy to a smaller pasture and locked up PJ for her annual weight loss program. PJ doesn't lift her head from grazing, and that's OK in the winter, but on Spring grass she gets really fat and has a tendency to founder. So she gets locked up in the round pen this time of year and goes on a strictly hay diet. She hates it, but it's for her own good. Every time I walk out the back door, though, I hear her whinny to me as if to say "I'm starving! Feed me more!" I can't remember the last time I saw her ribs, so she gets no sympathy from me!
As of yesterday, Ron still had three calves with 2 more cows due. Since the horses are moved, he should be letting them onto our pasture soon. I always look forward to watching them out my studio window and painting them as well.
Ezekiel 34:20
Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep

1 comment:

Fawn McNeill Barr said...

What wonderful colors and contrast! I love the liitle calf pokng his head up next to that very long horn. A reminder that the mother is quite able to protect her baby.