Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Waiting on Mother Nature

9 X 12 Oil on Canvas Board Contact Artist for Availability
Three of Ron's 5 cows have calved now - this one is still a hold out, I think. She's still patiently waiting her turn to give birth. I love her markings, and standing with the morning sun beside her, she did present a pretty picture. And the painting looks wonderful in this frame, don't you think?
So far the herd has given birth to 3 red and white freckled heifers. I tried yesterday to get a photo of all three together. That was like herding chickens, plus I didn't dare get too close because one of the cows is a first-timer and she definitely didn't look real happy about me approaching her calf. Thank goodness for long distance lenses and strong barbed wire fences.
Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

1 comment:

Rick Nilson said...

such warm buttery colors. Really nice.