Monday, April 14, 2008

Hurry Up!


5 1/4 X 8 Oil on Masonite board $100
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
I think I am coming out of the fog of acute bronchitis and lack of sleep. I finally gave in and went to the doctor Friday for some sympathy and antibiotics. They are working. Today I picked up a paint brush for the first time in 10 days. And of course I had to paint the baby.
I have been in touch with the sire's (Banjo's) owner, Janet, for the past 2 weeks - and even more so since the foal was born - pictures, pictures, pictures! And relating her progress - both physical-wise and personality-wise. Janet assures me that all of Banjo's babies not only are shaped beautifully but also behave in a friendly, curious manner. She has also related to me all the horsey competitions that she has entered Banjo. He excels everywhere - roping, western pleasure, trail, cow horse, reining, and even eventing! He jumps! My expectations are rising.....
Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'll be following the saga.
When I first began to draw as a child, I drew horses non stop. My first oil painting was of a horse too and I sculpted one in plasticine when I was about 11.
I must get out those photos of last years foal. About 50 of them thanks to digital cameras ;) and see what I can do.
Horses are so beautiful and strong yet so fragile. I l,ove them.
I also love these little quotes from Psalms that you post.
Happy baby watching Debbie!

Shanti Marie said...

I wanted to stop by your blog to see what your up to.... and I have to say WOW, Horses are difficult to capture...but your painting is so Horsy. I think you know what I mean. Thanks for your recent email and keep up the good work.