Friday, April 4, 2008

Morning Skies

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite Board $100
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in Memphis, Tennessee
We had all kinds of weather yesterday with the morning skies starting out beautifully threatening, yet non-productive. This is what they looked like from my front porch around 7:45 am. This time of year in Texas is always exciting weather-wise. Cold fronts from Canada mix it up with warm fronts from the Gulf keeping the news channels hopping with tornado warnings and watches. We are actually just a bit south of where all the excitement regularly happens - Wichita Falls - tornado alley. We get our share of funnel sightings, but those folks get the real McCoys.
I thought yesterday we'd have a good chance for showers so we finished up planting the vegetable garden - sweet corn, green beans, black-eyed peas (cow peas for you northerners!), tomatoes, peppers (both bell and jalapeƱo), cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, yellow squash, zuchini and potatoes (those were put in a month ago and are already up and growing). In addition I have my favorite herbs: celeriac, parsley, cilantro, and basil. Oh, and I almost forgot the garlic and onions.
Do you know what the Southern Trinity of cooking is? Onion, bell pepper and celery. Put those three flavors in everything and you will be loved as a cook! Currently I have been using Rosemary in just about everything. I have 2 Rosemary bushes that require next-to-no care and always smell wonderfully fragrant just brushing past them. If you want my Rosemary sweet potato recipe, e-mail me. Easy, flavorful and heart healthy!
Mark 2:17
On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

No comments: