Monday, April 21, 2008

Tag Through the Bluebonnets

6 X 8 Oil on Masonite $125
includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in South Pasadena, California
The bluebonnets are pretty sparse this year, and I'm having a hard time finding some to photograph. We have a few in our yard and pasture, but not near as many as in past springs. Last year I had a tiny stand of red ones that I started from seed that I bought at Wildseed Farms near Fredericksburg. They didn't come back this year, so I fear that I will have to plant them yearly if I want to see that variation. Their genetics may pop up in the future though - it will be interesting to see.
Yesterday when we let the foal loose, she and Georgia worked some more on their tag playing rules. Momma didn't have to interfere this time, so I suspect they have about come to a final agreement.
I know I promised landscapes this week, but I just had to do this one first. She will be grown all too soon, but right now I am still enamored with her and all her gyrations...I make no apologies! The landscapes will come later....
Deuteronomy 26:18
And the LORD has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I just want to say how much I enjoy your art, your blog, and especially your sharing this wonderful creature with the rest of us. I know nothing about horses except that they're beautiful - and this one is adorable. Thank you for putting a smile on my face every day.

Leslie

Rick Nilson said...

Debbie,

I love the tag through bluebonnets. I remember an ice cream with the same name.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

growing up so fast. Paint away. The landscapes will still be there and pretty much the same.