Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Riding the Fence

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite $125
Includes shipping and insurance
SOLD to a collector in Stephenville, Texas
I'm taking a slight side-road with this painting. I painted the background several days ago with paint left over on my palette. I HATE to waste paint, so I covered several pre-primed boards with the left overs. Every one is different.
I then flipped through an assortment of photographs I have saved as potential paintings and picked one that I thought would do well on this particular background. The actual model for this photo was a girl, but I turned her into a him - don't know why, I just did. Is it more believable? Find me a shrink, and maybe we'll figure it out together...
I have several panels like this ready for painting, and I intend to use them all for this week's offering. I hope you enjoy....
Psalm 112:10
The wicked man will see and be vexed, he will gnash his teeth and waste away; the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Unusual but very effective. You draw so well Debbie. You know horses.
Hey, maybe the baby will be born April 5th which is my beloved cat Wendell's 12th birthday.