Thursday, January 3, 2008

Always Eating II

One of the indicators of an ill horse is that he may stop eating. Our friends, the Becketts, had us over for the Texas Tech game a couple days ago. Marie couldn't concentrate on the game though, because one of her horses appeared to be ill. How did she know? The filly wasn't hungry, and anyone who has owned horses for any amount of time knows that that is a pretty good indicator of an ill horse. We took her temperature and it was normal. She didn't appear distressed or in pain, but her gums were a little pale. We still don't know what the problem was, but she appears OK now.
My big ole horse, Easy, has never lost his appetite since I acquired him 2 years ago. He was a racehorse and came to me pretty lean and wiry looking. He wasted no time, though, taking advantage of the easy life he has with me and filling out. And if he ever stops eating, I will definitely call the vet immediately!
This 5 X 7 oil on Masonite can be purchased directly from me for $100, shipping included.
Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.

2 comments:

Dana S. Whitney said...

I really like the colors and the movement you captured in this! Drew me in even from the DP thumbnails!

Debbie said...

Thank you! I have a hard time NOT painting this horse colorfully because that's his personality!