Sunday, January 6, 2008

Dodge the Hooves

I had to move the horses to another pasture yesterday, and I knew they would leap and jump as is their custom when turned onto something "new". So I took my camera in anticipation of a photo-op. I wasn't disappointed.

"Easy" bucked and pitched in front of me, and even in the dim afternoon winter light, I caught him in some really athletic moves.



Often when I have moved horses in the past I have found myself on the back end of a hoof when releasing the beasts. I have learned my lesson to stand aside when undoing halters and turning prancing horses loose - Hoo Hah!




This picture of "Easy" shows him in an almost impossible pose for a horse. He was all twisty and bucky! If I had attempted this kinda move, my back would have been out for weeks!

6 X 8 oil on Masonite $110 shipping and insurance included
Psalm 37:3 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.

No comments: