Monday, January 28, 2008

Chinks Up

5 X 7 Oil on Masonite contact artist for availability

I have an enterprising, energetic friend named Travis. Travis is smart, educated, talented and gorgeous. SHE can discuss world politics as well as gardening. She can ride a wild horse and nurture an orphaned calf. She turns heads wherever she goes because, lets face it, she's beautiful. AND Travis is a survivor. Her most recent enterprise required the expertise of a photography professional, and she enlisted my daughter and her talent. I kinda hung out on the sidelines and took shots of my own, thinking I could turn a lucky photo into a painting. While I am waiting for a shipment of big canvases, I painted this little painting today. Travis rarely relaxes, but she DID put her feet up momentarily during the photo shoot and this is the result. Sometimes we all need to practice relaxing, if only to center ourselves and to help discover our purpose.
Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

No comments: