Sunday, January 13, 2008

Get A Head

I didn't paint yesterday afternoon. Instead Merideth and I explored the countryside scoping out possible sites for photography shoots. With several weddings already under her belt, my enterprising daughter is making quite a name for herself with her unique perspective on photography. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/doddphotography



I also got some ideas for paintings, despite the fact that everything is middle-of-winter dead around here. We found a cool old suspension bridge near Bluff Dale - a one-of-a-kind built in 1891. Before that time, wagons had to ford the Paluxy River to get to Bluff Dale. The bridge is no longer open to automobile traffic, but we walked out to the middle of it to feel the bouncing sway.
Today's painting is a colorful 8 X 6 and can be purchased directly from my for $50, shipping included.
Genesis 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

1 comment:

Dodd's Blog said...

Thanks for posting these pictures of me and linking to Dodd Photography on myspace. You can also view client websites and my portfolio at www.meridethdodd.photoreflect.com! Your work is beautiful, Mom!