Monday, January 14, 2008

Two Faces of a Sixteen Year Old

This lovely child is my daughter when she was 16. I have used her for a model many times and I am generally happy with my painting results and usually know where I am headed as I paint. This painting, however, took an unexpected turn when the reflected face resulted in a diabolical countenance! If you have raised a child, you know what often happens in the teen aged years - rebellion. And to a certain degree, rebellion is a good thing - they HAVE to separate from us and find their own way. I am happy to report that 8 years later she is married and a joy to be around. AND a professional photographer. See her work here:
www.meridethdodd.photoreflect.com

16 X 20 not for sale

Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

No comments: