Thursday, January 10, 2008

Construction Completed

This painting is completed, for the most part, and I'm calling it "Homeward." The old house in the background is on Hwy 281 between Stephenville and Interstate 20. I passed by it daily for the eleven years I worked in Weatherford and watched the weeds grow up around it. It had almost disappeared from view. Several weeks ago, as Mike and I drove back from a trip to Weatherford, we passed the old farm and I noticed the land around it was cleared. It had been scraped and bulldozed, but the old farmhouse had been left standing. I asked Mike to turn around and quickly got my camera out. This might be my last chance to photograph an old friend. This horse is an old friend, too. He belongs to a rodeo family with two little girls, and they both compete on him around barrels and poles.
16 X 20 oil on canvas. Contact me if you are interested.
Proverbs 27:9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

No comments: