Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Change Direction

6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board
Check with me for availability
You've got your head in the clouds and suddenly you're blindsided by a ---- health issue or a job change or whatever. Time to shake the sleep from your eyes and change directions, huh?
I attended a meeting of the Lake Granbury Art Association last night and was treated to a demo by artist, Linda Schindler. She made a comment about "painting planes". By that she meant painting the shapes of objects by painting the angles of the planes in the different correct values according to how much light they reflect. I do that subconsciously anyway. but I paid attention to it while I was painting this today. A new direction for me....
Genesis 9:13
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

No comments: