Friday, January 2, 2009

Three Friends

8 X 10 Oil on gessoed masonite
Check with me for availability
Mike and I went over to a friend's house last Sunday to watch the last Cowboy Football game fiasco. At halftime, it was evident that the Cowboys didn't show up to play, so we 4 girls went for a walk in Bettye's pasture. The sun was getting low, and I just knew there would be some lovely photo ops. I was right. I trailed along behind the other 3 and snapped away. Around every corner the sun played games with the foliage as it sank lower and lower. Despite the drought situation in this part of Texas, I still love where I live and actually don't NEED to travel anywhere to find plenty of things to paint. As Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz said "There's no place like home."
Proverbs 4:14-16
Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go your way. For they cannot sleep till they do evil

No comments: