Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Is That REALLY Your Calf?


SOLD to a California sitcom set designer
About This Painting:

It was a surprise to see this solid red heifer calf beside her almost all white Momma. Cow genetics, especially in Longhorns, are highly unpredictable - which is part of what makes them fun to raise.

I am a great admirer of the artist, Xiang Zhang. It would be highly presumptuous of me to even presume this painting looks like something he would do, but he truly does influence my work. His rich, imaginative use of color and fabulous brush strokes are worth studying - and I have. I guess we all have idols and he is one of mine. Perhaps "idol" is too strong a word - "mentor" is better!

1 Samuel 12:21
Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless.
Media: oil on canvas board
Size: 12 in X 9 in (30.5 cm X 22.9 cm)
Check with me for availability

send me an email

No comments: