Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easy Eye

SOLD to a collector in Maine
5 X 7 Oil on gessoed masonite $115

Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
Not my usual offering - huh? Horses' eyes are so revealing about their personality. All three of mine have kind and gentle eyes. I have had horses that didn't possess such though. One of PJ's little sisters was one such horse. We called her Baby Jack and from the day she was born, she had a suspicious, wild eye. Despite the fact that she was drop dead gorgeous, I suspected from the beginning that she would not make a good riding horse, and I was right. Two different trainers gave her a chance to learn and behave, but she just wasn't having any of it. She is one of the few horses I have raised that I never rode - too risky. Ultimately I donated her to the Tarleton State University Bucking Horse string. A good place for an athletic, wild minded horse. Not every horse is meant to be ridden and beauty on the outside does not necessarily go all the way to the soul. Sounds like some celebrities we have read about....
Psalm 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

2 comments:

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

beautiful eye.
I found your great piece of art at Karin's Blog.
I love all your horse paintings. Very original.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Gorgeous paintings!