Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sunset On The World

16 X 20 Oil on Canvas
Contact Artist for Availability

I thought I knew where this painting was headed when I started it. I was way wrong! I THOUGHT it was going to be one of my more photographic paintings. You can see I got distracted. The world as we know it is leaving - the new day's dawn will be exciting for some and scary for others. I find it a challenge and one that I know I will survive. As a result of feeling like this, my art is changing, too.

At any given time I have at least 5 paintings in various stages of progression. Some I complete in a day (the smaller ones). Most take 2 to 5 days to finish. Often I spend a half a day just researching, going through my photographs, sketching compositions and then finally putting the idea to canvas and laying in an under coating of paint. Then I have to wait until the undercoat dries to add the details. I did that with this one, but I did not like this painting after I started it. So it has sat in plain view, accusing me of neglect.

Meantime my friend, Laurie forwarded me an e-mail from a patron who wanted horses in a sunset. And that’s what moved me to “divert” this image to a more abstract image. It was definitely an evolution that I literally wrenched from my soul! I have a feeling there will be more like this in the future.

Proverbs 24:14
Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.




Media: oil
Size: 16 in X 20 in (40.6 cm X 50.8 cm)
Price: $200 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $200 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

SiLa said...

This is surprising and I like it!

Anonymous said...

couldn't you find a more ominous title. maybe like "end game" or "end of days" or something equally disturbing. For goodness sake! I like the drama.