Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dandy Dandelions


6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board $115
Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
I couldn't resist painting green grass today. It's winter outside, the pasture is dead, but I had this great photo of Dandy hanging around and begging to be painted. Think Spring.
We have passed the Winter Solstice, so the days are (theoretically) getting longer. That's the only thing that gets me through these winter months - knowing that tomorrow I will have about 2 more minutes of daylight. We lived in northern Illinois back in the early 70's and I remember the REALLY dark winter days - getting up and going to work in the dark and coming home the same way. REALLY depressing. And we weren't all the far north. Poor Canada! How do they endure it? Just knowing that summer WILL follow. Faith. It's how we all survive, isn't it?
Matthew 8:26
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $115 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Roxanne Steed said...

Love this scene of 'FROLIC'...gosh how I miss seeing that! These babies have so much silly energy- it always makes me smile! I know what you mean about winter- being from FL, this CT stuff just really gets to me, whew! Each minute more of daylight I find truly exciting though! :-) On icy days like we had the other day I crank up the heater, turn on some salsa music, turn on all the lights as bright as I can get it, start painting & imagine I'm back in San Diego, (sigh)...summer's gonna be sooo dreamy!