Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time to Play


6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board $115
Includes shipping and insurance in U.S.
This painting was donated to "Walk for the Cure" and is no longer available
I think I will stick to this format for a while. Mike cut me a bunch of 6 X 8 panels, to which I glued canvas that was already gessoed. I then primed them again with gesso that was tinted either warm or cool and painted from there. I use an archival, water based glue and a quality cotton duck canvas. The panel board is quite stable and doesn't warp ike masonite does. PLUS it will fit into frames designed for watercolors as well as canvases. This year I may spring and buy a roll of linen, but for now I have enough cotton canvas to last a long time, and I like the tooth of this fabric.
Yesterday was icy and miserable - temperature never rose above freezing. Today the sun has shone, the wind blew hard and temperature is around 60 F. Crazy Texas. I have stayed indoors both days trying to get over this cold. This too shall pass.
I may paint flowers tomorrow and think of spring.
Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.

2 comments:

Rick Nilson said...

I love the way you paint the dog. He always makes me smile. Lots of action happening here.

Unknown said...

Wow... what a prolific and proficient painter you are! I love this painting and I ADORE the PJ & Me Self Portrait. Wow....