Sunday, January 11, 2009

Visions of the Future

6 X 8 Oil on Canvas Board
Check with me for availability
A fellow artist friend wanted a photo of men and mules, and while I was searching through my photos from last summer I was reminded of all the great shots I took of kids on horseback. One of the staged scenes at the Rendezvous Pageant in Pine Dale, Wyoming was Indian kids racing their horses bareback. I can't remember how many participated, but it was at least a half dozen and every one of them could ride like, well, an Indian. I used to could ride a horse bareback, and I still do occasionally - but not at the speeds I used to enjoy. Old bones don't heal very fast, and I don't bounce as well as I used to!
This title refers to the visions that youth have about their future - hopefully they are taught that the sky's the limit. At least that's what I taught my kids....
Genesis 15:1
[ God's Covenant With Abram ] After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. "

Today was a clear, crisp winter day - with very little wind and wonderful light. I took advantage of the glorious weather and took my camera out to get a few more pictures of the horses (I only have about 50,000!). They came running up for their feed, but when Easy realized that it was only another photo shoot, I got this expression of disgust from him as he returned to where he was grazing. You can't tell me that horses don't have a sense of humor.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

He sure told you!
They are beautiful. Dandy is quite a looker!