Sunday, December 23, 2007

View From the Top


I am on vacation and revisiting old paintings that I have SOLD.
My fellow artist friend, Laurie, amazes me in her commitment – to painting, to her family, to her God (he’s mine, too, by the way – and yours). She paints a painting every day and posts to her blog and accomplishes all the myriad of things necessary to keep a family running. She also teaches art and guitar and piano (and recently moved). And as busy as she is, she still welcomes me and offers to help me in my desire to become more like her. Mike and I participated in a study of the religions of the world recently. It was conducted by our pastor and we will investigated Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism. The Methodist church does not hold an exclusionary belief that only Methodists are going to Heaven – in fact, they don’t believe that Christians know the only path. They believe that God and the desire to know Him is in all of us and just because one has not had the opportunity to know Him, that does not exclude a person from eternal life with the Father. Only God knows what is in your heart and only He can judge you. As the Lord said in Jeremiah 29:13 – You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Merry Christmas!

No comments: