Thursday, December 6, 2007

Left Over Paint

I think the title says it all. Between paintings, I clean off my palette, of course. Often I have a lot of paint left over, though - and I just hate to throw it away. So sometimes I prime another canvas with it and use it as an undercoat. And that's actually what I had in mind for this canvas but some colors took shapes all by themselves.
I rarely paint totally abstract. As a dear artist friend said recently "It's harder to paint nothin' than it is to paint something." She is right. Sometimes it's fun, though.
This painting is oil on an 8 X 10 stretched canvas.
John 6:12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted."

1 comment:

Liza Hirst said...

This painting popped at me from the DP site this morning - it is very strong! The left over paint certainly wasn't wasted here!