Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fort Davis Revisited


This is the second time I have painted this image. I sold the first little one on a 6 X 8 panel and had a request to do another. This is a test in consistency for me. Rarely do my larger paintings look exactly like the small versions. I always seem to change something - color, composition - something. This one I kept fairly close to the first, although I "zoomed" in on the house a little more.
This is one of the officer's homes (I think there were at least 4 like this one) at Fort Davis, Texas, near Big Bend National Park.
This 8 X 10 oil on canvas with painted sides can be purchased from me for $100 or can be found in a gallery in Thurber, Texas, when it dries.
1 Chronicles 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.


No comments: