Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crossing New Mexico

One of the reasons for my anticipation of trips we take out west is that we get to cross New Mexico most of the time. A lot of people don't like New Mexico's stark emptiness. I do. I also like counting the antelope, and I look forward to August when the cholla cactus are in bloom.
We generally make our first overnight stop at an RV park 30 miles east of Raton at Capulin Volcano State Park. Last year we climbed to the rim of the volcano and were treated with a spectacular view of the valley and crystal clear New Mexico air.




This 8 X 6 oil on canvas panel is available from me for $100. Frame is $20 extra.
Isaiah 35:2 it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the LORD, the splendor of our God.

No comments: