Sunday, December 16, 2007

Get a Horse


Here we are in Terlingua near Big Bend again at the Mercury mine. Can you see the rider in the distance? I guess when the mine played out, the owners just abandoned everything including a bunch of vehicles. There are some really neat buildings in the area, too, which will be painting subjects in the future.
This painting has an alternate title. The body of this old car is a rusted heap, but "The Chrome Still Shines". It kinda makes me think of Mike's wonderful Grandma who I miss the most during this time of year. Despite her failing eyes and body, there was still a spark in her that shined until the very end. Bommy, I sure miss you.
Contact me directly about this 16 X 20 oil on stretched canvas.
Luke 11:36 Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."





No comments: