Saturday, December 22, 2007

Little Cowboy

I am on vacation until after Christmas and am posting paintings from the past.

This little boy and his pony were at a rodeo I attended a couple summers ago. His daddy was the roping announcer and this young man pretty much had free rein of the arena between events. He was so attentive to his pony - like a teenager with a brand new car! Adjusting his saddle, picking his feet clean, making sure he was tied up properly - he was constantly doing something. And he could ride him like a pro!
I still have this painting and it remains a favorite of mine - particularly because it reminds me of the last summer that I spent almost entirely on my horse and we did well in some competitions. But more importantly, I made some friends and saw some awesome animals and their owners compete.


Proverbs 12: 10 A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

No comments: