Tuesday, January 22, 2013

# 15 Donkey Afternoon

5X7 Oil on mounted canvas $85
Includes shipping and insurance US
I like donkeys and several of my neighbors have them, though I have yet to understand why. They ARE cute. But most are so wild that they cannot be caught. Instead, some coercive game must be played in order to catch them to give them inoculations, etc. And don't even mention hoof trimming - it never happens. Fortunately donkeys are pretty reliably healthy and require little care.
One neighbor's mare gave birth this past spring to this adorable little  white foal. Only his ears are tipped black. Need less to say, I always have my camera ready when I drive by his place.
The above old donkey is all white, too. I don't know her name, but I know her owner simply enjoys seeing her in the pasture. Perhaps that's reason enough for keeping donkeys...
Matthew 6:22
“The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

2 comments:

Dean H. said...

Love the backlight and the grasses, Debbie!

Susan said...

Isn't he just marvelous - I would never tire of looking at him either. And the landscape background is wonderfully done, too, Debbie!