Saturday, January 12, 2013

# 6 Smart Enough to Get Out of Trouble - donkey painting


6X6 Oil on mounted canvas $100
Includes shipping and insurance US
Another limited palette study with a minimum of brushwork, too. My prime motive in these little paintings is to explore not only assorted color combinations, but also the use of a variety of brushes.
An excellent way that a "feeling stale" artist can challenge themselves is to step away from the familiar. Whether it be subject matter, painting mediums or grounds, color palette or paint delivery.
I have discovered that I really like a fine weave canvas mounted on MDF board and I love painting animals. I'm sticking with those 2 elements. But I am stepping out on a limb with different palettes and brushes (or palette knives) and brush stroke techniques.
Many artists get caught up in the details and find themselves painting with smaller and smaller brushes. Try using a brush 2 sizes larger than you are used to, and use it for the entire paintings! If you are used to using a flat sable brush, try a hog's hair bristle round instead - and don't get too caught up in the details!
1 Chronicles 28:19
“All this,” David said, “I have in writing as a result of the Lord’s hand on me, and he enabled me to understand all the details of the plan.”

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: