Wednesday, January 16, 2013

# 10 There's More Than One Way to Reach an Itch

6X6 Oil on mounted canvas $100
Includes shipping and insurance US
Renate lives in Kentucky and has a farm full of critters - including Jersey and Dexter milk cows as well as a herd of Scottish Highland cattle.  She also shares her farm with potbellied pigs, goats, chickens, dogs, cats, bunnies and assorted reptiles. The equines are well represented by a couple mini donkeys and this handsome mule with an itchy belly. Thanks, Renate, for allowing me to use your photo!
We have found new homes for both of Aunt Abbey's 5 month old calves, and since I am a lazy cow owner and don't want to milk every day, we needed another calf for Abbey to raise (and to help me with the milking). I had every intention of coming home with ONE black bull calf (they seem to sell the best), but you know the story about "the best laid plans..." Mike was with me, so it's not all my fault! It turned out to be a good decision to get 2 small, very lively and aggressive calves. Abbey is not a willing foster mom at first, but she cannot kick both calves at once!
This morning's feeding went well. While one dodged a hoof, the other went to town sucking. And Abbey did finally settle down eating her own breakfast after a few minutes.  I have high expectations for the future....
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: