Tuesday, January 8, 2013

# 2 Hereford Madonna and Child

6 X 8 Oil on mounted canvas $100
Includes shipping and insurance US
I have painted this cow once already - but not with a calf - and I used a different palette. This image comes from my own camera and is of a cow belonging to a neighbor. Angus and their assorted black-hued cousins have become very popular. It's becoming uncommon to see a full blood Hereford herd anymore, but this cow is a member of a really nice one. Originally from Herefordshire, England, there are now over 5,000,000 registered Hereford cattle around the world.
This cow is in excellent shape despite the drought. We have had a bit of rain recently, though, with more expected this week. Praise God!
1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. “For the foundations of the earth are the LORD’s; on them he has set the world.
If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: