Wednesday, January 30, 2013

#22 - Turkey Trot - turkey oil painting

6X6 oil on mounted canvas $100
SOLD
I believe this handsome turkey to be a Bourbon Red and he belongs to Kim Smith.
I am working on my chick order for this spring and I am thinking of including several turkey chicks in the order. We have had turkeys before, but it's been quite a while. I do not want the breast-heavy commercial turkeys. They cannot fly, nor are they very pretty, in my opinion. The Bourbon Red is a heritage breed, and I think they also are good at raising offspring. I don't plan to go in that direction, but I really would just like to have a home raised turkey for Thanksgiving this year. In fact I am toying with the idea of ALL home raised products for Thanksgiving this year. It wouldn't be very hard - especially if the bees cooperated and provide the honey for a pie!
Psalm 127:3
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.

If you are interested in this painting, click here to send me an email. I accept checks and Paypal. I can also arrange LAYAWAY. To view my latest paintings on Daily Painters go HERE. To view larger paintings, go to my Website HERE. To view a wealth of OTHER Texas Artists, enjoy THIS site!

No comments: